We all know that exercise is good for our mental and physical health. Besides looking and feeling better, exercise has a wide variety of positive effects on the body. Here are our top 15 benefits of exercise for your body.
1. Improves performance of heart and lungs
2. Builds endurance
3. Increases metabolic rate, i.e. burns calories
4. Results in the release of chemicals in the brain known as endorphins, which help improve your mood
5. Develops strong bones
6. Reduces stress
7. Prevents weight gain and maintains weight loss
8. Reduces risks of illness and disease
9. Boosts energy
10. Improves sex life (Regular physical activity can lead to enhanced arousal for women; men who exercise regularly are less likely to have problems with erectile dysfunction than are men who do not exercise)
12. Delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues
13. Promotes better sleep - helps you fall asleep faster and deepens your sleep
14. Gives you the opportunity to unwind
15. Provides an opportunity to connect with others in a fun social setting.
Tip: the key to sticking with a long-term exercise plan is to find what works for you. Choose activities that are enjoyable and that you look forward to doing and stick to a regular schedule.
For more health tips, click here.