HEADACHE & BACK PAIN CENTER
Chicken Salad Collard Wraps
These collard green wraps are so easy and tasty! Fill it with a mixture of shredded chicken salad and top it with sliced mango and fresh avocado.
Why it's good for you:
Mangos are packed full of vitamins A and C, which help keep your immune system healthy and complexion glowing!
Collard greens are a great source of vitamin K and fiber and are among the greatest vitamin C foods.
Avocados are full of vitamins K, E, C and B, folic acid and many other important nutrients. Fun fact: avocados have the highest protein content of any fruit! (Yes, avocados are a fruit - not a veggie)
- 8 large collard greens
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cups shredded white meat chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
Contact Schneider Clinic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Rinse collard greens
- Remove stems
- Add collard greens to boiling water
- Remove once tender, about 30-45 seconds
- Soak collard greens in an ice bath for 30 seconds
- Lay collard greens on a towel to dry
- Shred white meat chicken with a fork or with a hand held mixer
- Add shredded chicken to large mixing bowl
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add plain greek yogurt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper
- Add dressing to the shredded chicken
- Chop celery, green onions and fresh dill
- Add to mixing bowl
- Slice mango and remove skin
- Cut mango into match stick slices
- Slice avocado, remove flesh and dice
- Time to make the wraps!
- Lay collard green leaf out
- Top leaf with chicken mixture, mango slice and avocado slice
- Gently roll up into a tight wrap
- Optional: fold in edges of collard greens when rolling up to prevent mixture from falling out
- Serve and enjoy!