HEADACHE & BACK PAIN CENTER
Quinoa Muffins with Greens and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tsp minced garlic, or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 Cups Swiss chard leaves, torn
- 1 Tsp coarse salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 Cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped dill
- 1/2 Cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour olive oil.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onions. Stir until the mixture becomes transluscent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and stir.
- Cover and allow mixture to cook until greens become tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir once more. Turn heat off and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add eggs and greek yogurt. Whisk until mixture is smooth and blended.
- Add cooked, cooled quinoa. Mix.
- Add feta cheese. Mix.
- Add scallions. Mix.
- Add cherry tomatoes. Mix.
- Add dill. Mix.
- Add Swiss chard mixture. Mix.
- Scoop mixture into a muffin pan. Fill about 2/3 of the way.
- Tip: Use your hands to pack the mixture down.
- Place in oven and allow to bake for 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!