Apple Oatmeal Cookies with Maple Glaze
Fall is officially here! There is no better way to ring in the new season than a warm batch of cookies. These chewy Apple Oatmeal cookies with a hardened maple glaze are incredibly delicious (and slightly healthier) cookies you can enjoy all fall and winter long. Not to mention... your house will smell amazing! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 min Bake Time: 18 min
- 3 Cups rolled oats
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1 Stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 Tsp maple extract
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup cored, peeled and diced apple
MAPLE GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 Cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tsp maple extract
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine oats, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, egg whites, maple extract and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Combine oat mixture and apple. Stir until mixed well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool.
- To make the maple glaze, combine confectioners sugar, maple extract and water. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle maple glaze on to cookies. Allow to cool so the glaze hardens, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!