Avocado Toast with Spiralized Beets, Swiss Chard, Feta and Bacon
You can’t go wrong with avocado toast! In this version we’ve changed it up a bit by adding some colorful and super delicious toppings to it. It would be great on little baguette squares as an appetizer for friends and family. The great thing about avocado toast is how filling it is - making it a perfect meal any time of the day.
Watch the video below, or scroll down for the full recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 beets, spiralized or sliced into thin matchsticks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups rainbow chard or swiss chard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wash beets, cut off ends, and peel skin.
- Spiralize beets.
- Place beets on baking dish and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast beets in oven for 10 minutes.
- While beets are roasting, chop swiss chard and mince garlic.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add swiss chard to skillet. Stir until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove pit from avocados and place in medium size mixing bowl. Mash avocados using a fork or a masher.
- Squeeze lemon into mash and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mash again until desired consistency. (We liked ours a little chunky).
- Toast your bread.
- Assemble your avocado toast.
- We layered ours in this order: toast, avocado mash, spiralized beets, swiss chard, bacon, feta, and crushed red pepper flakes.