Baked Egg in Avocado
Kick off your morning with this heart-healthy dish! Filled with Omega-3 and essential fatty acids, avocados are the perfect go-to snack. Bake an egg in it for added protein. We like to eat these for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Really, you can't go wrong with an avocado. Here’s how we made this quick, easy, and delicious dish!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Be sure to leave the avocado skin on.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and a light dusting of non-stick cooking spray.
- Place avocados on baking sheet.
- Crack one egg into each avocado. Don’t worry if some of the egg spills out of the avocado.
- Place in a preheated oven at 425° for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with your choice of toppings. Ideas include bacon, herbs, cheese, salsa, and hot sauce.