Grilled Iceberg Wedge Salad with Tomatoes, Bacon and Bleu Cheese Dressing
Who knew the classic BLT could get any tastier? Swap out the bread for cool and crunchy iceberg lettuce wedges and you're tastebuds will thank you! This recipe is super quick and easy. It's perfect for a fast weeknight meal or a weekend get together during the summer. It's sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 2 Heads of Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Pack of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles
CABBAGE SLAW DIRECTIONS:
- Add sliced red cabbage, sliced red onion and chopped cilantro to a medium mixing bowl. Pour lime juice and olive oil over top and mix with tongs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss again until all ingredients are evenly mixed. Set aside.
LIME CREMA DIRECTIONS:
- Add greek yogurt and lime juice to a small mixing bowl. Stir. Add the lime zest over top. Mix until all ingredients are evenly blended. Set aside.
GRILLED FISH TACO DIRECTIONS:
- Add olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk all ingredients together.
- In a large, gallon size resealable plastic bag, place fish fillets. Pour marinade over fish and seal bag. Gently move the bag around until all fish are coated with marinade. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes (no longer than 30 minutes).
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Brush grill pan or grill rack with a thin layer of olive oil to avoid the fish from sticking. Once the grill is heated add fish fillets. Grill until cooked through. We recommend about 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fish. Transfer the grilled fish onto a serving plate and gently break fish into smaller pieces.
- Place flour or corn tortillas on grill while it is still hot. "Grill" each side for 5 to 10 seconds, just until warm and grill marks are visible. *Tip: tortillas cook extremely fast! Ten seconds or less is all they need.
- Top your warm tortillas with grilled fish, cabbage slaw, lime crema, and other fresh toppings.
- Serve alongside your favorite margarita or virgin daiquiri.
We hope you enjoy this grilled fish taco recipe as much as we do! Thank you for visiting or recipe page. You can sign up for our email recipes by clicking the link below.