Mediterranean Inspired Pasta Salad
Step up your pasta salad game with this Mediterranean-inspired version. We swapped out traditional pasta for Banza elbows made from Chickpeas. They're non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, and a 3.5 oz serving contains 25 grams of protein and 13 grams of fiber. Besides being full of healthy goodness they are still super tasty!
We chopped veggies and fresh dill to add to this pasta salad. The Tahini-based dressing is smooth and creamy and brings the entire dish together.
Get the full recipe below. Click the ingredients that are underlined to order directly from Amazon. Enjoy!
*Note: Although this dish is vegan, we think adding protein like chicken or shrimp would be delicious too!
- 1 box Banza Chickpea Pasta
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sesame Tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add Banza Chikpea Pasta
- Cook approximately 8-9 minutes
- Strain and rinse with cool water and set aside in a large mixing bowl
- Chop cucumber, red onion and celery
- Add veggies to pasta bowl
- Make the dressing:
- Add Tahini, water, garlic and lemon juice to a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy
- Add fresh chopped dill and salt and pepper to dresshing and mix
- Pour dressing into pasta bowl
- Gently toss until everything is coated with dressing
- Optional: Top with crumbled feta cheese
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to eat, up to 2 days