Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Mushrooms
Not sure what to whip up for a side dish? Give these slow cooker mushrooms a try! They're perfect to serve alongside your favorite steak or chicken dish and will have your friends and family asking for more. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Add mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and bay leaves to a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Stir in vegetable broth and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or on high heat for 2 hours - until browned and tender.
- Stir in half and half and butter during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.