Spiralized Cucumber Salad with Asian Dressing
Set aside 10 minutes or less and you've got yourself this delicious salad! The cucumbers are so crunchy and twist around your fork just like pasta or noodles. The cherry tomatoes add a bit of sweetness that balances perfectly with the tangy Asian dressing. Kick it up a notch with red pepper flakes for some added spice. This recipe is completely paleo, vegan and low carb, but you can add chicken, salmon or shrimp for a boost of protein. Enjoy!
Note: Click the ingredients that are underlined to find these products on Amazon.
- 2 cucumbers (we used English cucumbers because they're seed-free!)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups Arugula
- Start by toasting your sesame seeds over medium heat until golden brown. This really brings out their flavor (and will make your kitchen smell great)
- In a mixing bowl, make dressing
- Add toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
- Whisk dressing and set aside
- Using a spiralizer like this one, spiralize your cucumbers into long strands. Or, simply cut the cucumbers into long strands with a knife.
- Chop cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, add cucumber "noodles", tomatoes and arugula. Gently toss with tongs.
- Pour dressing over your salad and toss with tongs, making sure everything is coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- You're done! So quick and easy.