Spiralized Zucchini with Pesto, Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Summer is (almost) officially here! Start the season off right with this fresh and satisfying dinner recipe. The bright flavors of the zucchini blended with the bold flavors of pesto, chicken, sun dried and cherry tomatoes make for a uniquely delicious dish. Zucchini noodles are a healthy alternative to regular pasta. We guarantee your entire family will love this recipe as much as us. This recipe makes for the perfect meal to entertain guests with, as well. Enjoy!
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes. Slice cherry tomatoes in half. Cut ends off of zucchini's.
- Place cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and chicken cubes into small bowls and set aside until ready to add to dish.
- Adjust spiralizer settings to meet your preferred shape and thickness of noodle.
- Spiralize all three zucchini's. Place spiralized zucchini noodles into large dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. (We used a Gotham Steel pan and yes... it is as awesome as the infomercial makes it look)! Once heated, add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to pan. Spread oil around to thinly cover entire pan.
- Once pan is heated, add in zucchini noodles.
- Immediately add in cooked chicken cubes and toss to evenly mix. Repeat this process with pesto, cherry tomatoes, and sundried tomatoes.
- Add sea salt and crushed black pepper (to taste).
- Toss all ingredients gently in pan with a set of tongs. Once mixed evenly, transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Top with fresh grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
- For additional spice, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve alongside your favorite white wine or non-alcoholic beverage of choice. We chose a local Michigan chardonnay from Dablon Winery. It was delicious and enhanced the taste of the dish perfectly!
- *TIP: We have found that this dish works much better if the noodles are only cooked for 5-10 minutes. They will become soft and mushy if cooked too long.
We hope you enjoy this Spiralized Zucchini dish as much as we do!