Sweet and Salty Summer Rolls with Peanut-Butter Ginger Sauce and Hoisin-Lime Sauce
There's something fun about combining salty and sweet flavors! In this dish, we use Asian-inspired flavors and fresh ingredients to make a delicious summer roll. This recipe is great to make for an appetizer on hot summer day with friends or as a light meal with your family. The two sauces have very different flavors but are both wonderful when drizzled over the summer roll. We hope you enjoy making and eating this fresh recipe.
Summer Roll Ingredients:
- 2 Large carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 3 Cups cooked rice
- 1 Pack of 6" Rice Paper Wrappers
- Cooked shrimp, optional
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cut cucumber, carrots and yellow bell pepper into large matchstick slices. Add to a large bowl.
- Chop your fresh cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Optional - Chop your cooked shrimp and add it to the bowl.
- Give the ingredients in the bowl a quick toss to mix.
- Squeeze the juice from your lime into the bowl. You can use more or lime juice depending on your citrus preference.
- Add kosher salt, to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
Peanut Butter-Ginger Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ Cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 TBSP light soy sauce
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 TSP freshly grated ginger
- Lime zest, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, add peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar and maple syrup.
- Optional - Zest lime into bowl.
- Grate ginger into bowl.
- Whisk together all ingredients. Set aside.
Hoisin-Lime Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ Hoisin
- ½ TBSP Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 TBSP Warm Water
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Scallions
- Add hoisin and red pepper flakes to a medium mixing bowl.
- Chop scallions, white and green parts. Add to bowl.
- Add lime juice to bowl.
- Add warm water to bowl.
- Mix. Set aside.
- Add 1 cup water and 1 cup of coconut milk to you rice for additional flavor. Mix.
- Soak rice paper in room temperature water for about five seconds.
- Add your rice on top of the rice paper wrapper.
- Top with veggie and shrimp mixture.
- Tightly wrap/roll up.
- Dip or drizzle one or both of the sauces on top of your summer roll.
That's it! These Summer Rolls are fun to make and serve with the different sauces. We hope you enjoy this Summer Rolls recipe.