Baked Kale Chips
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Kale chips are a great alternative to regular potato chips. Make them for yourself, your family, your kids, or for a perfect party snack. They're a great conversation topic and most importantly - they are so tasty! If you have a love for salty food then this recipe is especially for you. It only takes 25 minutes and 3 ingredients: kale, olive oil, and salt. Enjoy!
- 1 Bunch of kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Remove kale leaves from the stem using a knife or kitchen shears. Tear kale into smaller pieces.
- Rinse kale and gently pat dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. You can also use a salad spinner to dry the kale.
- Add kale to a medium size mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Gently mix.
- Add salt. Gently mix.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Lay kale on baking sheet in a single layer. Adding too much kale at once will cause it to be soft and mushy. Set extra kale aside for second batch.
- Place kale in oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
- After the first 10 minutes, toss and move kale around. Bake for remaining 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Kale chips are best when the edges are golden brown.
- Place kale chips in a medium serving bowl.