When it comes to a simple and refreshing summer appetizer, it's hard to beat Shrimp Ceviche. Ceviche is a South American dish that is prepared using your choice of seafood, citrus, herbs and vegetables. The end result is so fresh and absolutely delicious! In this recipe, we use cooked shrimp for the seafood component. The juice from the lime is absorbed by the shrimp, and the confetti of cilantro, onions, cucumber, jalapeño, and cherry tomatoes creates an explosion of flavors in each bite. Give this recipe a try for your next get-together. You'll be happy you did!
- 1 lb. cooked and cleaned shrimp
- 2 limes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Chop cooked shrimp into small cubes. Make sure all shrimp is cleaned and devained.
- Chop the red onion, jalapeños, and cucumber into small cubes. Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Finely chop the fresh cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into the ceviche bowl. Gently mix.
- Drizzle entire dish with extra virgin olive oil. Mix gently.
- Chop the avocados. Add to dish and gently mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more cilantro on top if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
We hope you enjoy this Shrimp Ceviche dish as much as we do!