Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
We've been trying to eat "cleaner" lately - fresh greens, lean protein, veggies, etc. This salad combines all of those things and is still so tasty! The bold flavor of the kale adds just the right amount of bite to the sweet and sour flavors of the peanut vinaigrette. The chopped chicken breasts will give you that additional protein and the peanuts.
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
PEANUT VINAIGRETTE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut kale leaves from stem. Rinse kale and dry with paper towel or salad spinner. Rip kale into smaller pieces and put in medium size bowl.
- Chop the cooked chicken breasts into small cubes and add to bowl.
- Add half of the peanuts to the bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, add the peanut butter, sugar, rice wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil oil, sesame oil and the pinch of red pepper flakes. Blend until ingredients are smooth and mixed. Add sea salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the peanut vinaigrette onto the kale salad. Toss gently to mix. Add remaining half of peanuts on top of salad.
- Serve within 30 minutes.