Super easy and unbelievably delicious cheese sticks. A perfect alternative to the heavy and fried version of mozzarella sticks. Just dust/sprinkle your desired amount of cheddar and parmesan with some cayenne pepper for a bit of heat. Pairs great with wine or your choice of beverage.
Get the full recipe below. Click the ingredients that are underlined to order directly from Amazon. Enjoy!
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of parmesan cheese
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Split phyllo dough.
- Coat with butter.
- Add shredded parmesan and cheddar cheese on buttered dough.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Use a rolling pin to help flatten ingredients to the dough.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice 1/2" to 1" slices.
- Fold each slice "hot dog style" with the cheese facing inward.
- Twist the dough into spiralized ribbons.
- Place on baking sheet and rub on egg wash.
- Sprinkle with more cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!