We're not sure whether to call this a salad or a healthy take on pasta. Either way, it's delicious! Not to mention the seriously amazing health benefits that beets provide. Listed below are some of our favorite reasons to add more beets to your weekly meal plan. Health Benefits of Beets
- Lowers cholesterol
- Promotes weight loss
- Cleanses blood
- Relieves bloating
- Boosts energy
- Improves immune system
- Heals acne
- Stimulates liver function
- Lowers blood pressure
- ...and so much more!
Scroll down for the full list of ingredients and directions to make this tasty dish.
- 3 large beets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz softened or crumbled goat cheese
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- Peel 3 large beets.
- Using a spiralizer, spiral cut beets into a medium bowl.
- Use a clean pair of kitchen scissors to cut up the spiralized beets into approximately 6 inch strands. This will make it easier to mix and eat.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- While whisking, add in the olive oil and continue whisking until well blended.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the whisked dressing onto the beet noodles.
- Using tongs, gently toss the beats until evenly coated in the dressing.
- Add the thawed, cubed chicken breast into the remaining mixture of dressing.
- *Optional: Add the chicken and dressing mixture to a large sealable plastic bag and gently mix.
- Set chicken and dressing mixture aside for 15 minutes to marinate.